4. He, energizing waters, spreads towards two mothers, he, possessing of mental vigour, made the track swell through his tendency [to go along it]. Prepared with barley stalk is wielded (as weapon) by men for the sake of him who joins with [seven] siblings⁷, for the sake of him who who guards the head.
8. Thoughts, joyful exclamations hailed making rounds Soma, [who is] to be enjoyed, [who] takes a significant part [in the fire offering]; who with a [steady] stream [of sounds is made] sweet, who by means of a wave from the Heaven gives rise to speech --- [that is] the riches-winning, immortal [Soma].
3. He, who attracts young cows, becomes pure in the woolen [filter]; all over the tongue's surface a daughter⁴ of Aditi gives way to him who moves towards ṛta. Pale green-yellow called out --- worthy of an offering contained exhilarating drink. Sharpening manly powers like a buffalo, he arrays himself.
1. That which can bring satisfaction was poured forth --- the mouth-drying one excites the assembly, he, keeping [us] awake, guards against the guarding [impulse] of spite. The enchanting one renders the vapor¹ a cushion; [he] makes the juice to be a substratum to spread [it] in the two bowls, to cleanse the formulation.
8. A vehement form (the character of this one) he makes for himself wherever he pauses --- at a collusion [of ideas], [or] during repelling-errors [formula]¹⁴; procuring waters he moves according to his disposition towards the divine race; he joins beautiful hymns together with her¹⁵ who is preceded by words¹⁶.
4. Rinsed [out in water⁴] by men, pressed out with stones, [he⁵ is] wanted [by those who sit] on the sacrificial grass; cows'⁶ master of old --- Indu⁷ --- knows the proper time; accompanied by bearing fullness [stream], he⁸ [is] man's means to accomplish a fire offering; shining with an aid of a dʰī Soma becomes pure, O Indra, for thee!
5. Impelled by both man's arms [he is] extracted with a [steady] stream [of water]; Soma becomes pure of own accord, O Indra, for thee, thou permeated our designs [and] controlled our thoughts during proceeding on its path [sacrifice]! Like a bird onto a piece of wood the enchanting one settled between the two bowls. ------
6. Which [syllables] from the presence of an ancient [mind-]form sounded in a smooth sequence, having the divine voice as the instrument --- [they are] interferences to grasping. Those who don't have sense, who are deaf, abandon the path of rṭa. Poorly formed [sequences of sounds] do not traverse [the intermediate space between the material and spiritual].
2. [him,] who, [being] well stretched, is the pillar, the support of the Heaven. Filling to the limits, the stalk reaches everywhere. He¹ shall make an offering to these two mighty Rodas-es by turning [flows] towards them, --- [thus] he who is gifted with insight keeps both of them and the refreshing waters together. ------
1. Towards us, who are lacking impulsion, may effusing drops¹ dart forward, charming [the mind] in the vast as the sky [space]; [the drops, when they are] in the vast Heaven, are charming [the mind] in the vast as the sky [space]; then, holding back from us the refreshing draught [diversions²] shall be frustrated, they shall be deprived of the rising upwards one³, so that our dʰī-s will be successful.
3. O would [he, the inner Soma, rise upwards, away] from holding [him] back [my] own [diversions] --- because he is tending upwards, from holding [him] back other's [diversions] --- for he is tearing [apart emotional ties to others]! As thirst in a desert [arises in one's mind together with and towards a drink], would he rise together with and towards them [--- the drops⁴]! O Soma, do thou, who is becoming pure, repress giving faulty ideas [guarding impulses⁵]. ------
2. It is thou, O possessing the rush of vigour, whom not-to-be-killed [cows¹] hailed; thou, having the power to illuminate, rise up to the embossed-with-metal womb; transferring the vital power of liberal [sacrificers] over mighty auditory impression, for Indra, O Soma, thou, an impregnating wine, do become pure.
1. The filter is stretched out for thee, O protector of the sacred formula! Having power over [the body], thou move around the limbs of the body in every way.¹ Whose body was not subjected to the heat ² he does not reach that³, those [whose body is] ``cooked'', conveying [Soma up along the filter], they fully reach that.
3. Coming before [sunrise], he, manifold, makes the dawns bright; the ox⁷, evoking the rush of vigour, nourishes [all] places of existence. Through his power to create frameworks they, who possess the power to configure [their cognition], located [the abodes]; fathers⁸, who guide men, deposited the embryo. ------
6. In both cases⁴ the rays of him who is becoming pure go in turn [to all stations] (on account of the presence of the lasting one⁵), [they are] intense enough to attract attention. When the pale green-yellow is made free from impurities in the filter, settling, he settles back into the womb, into goblets.
11. Causing a goblet to resound he who possesses the rush of vigour flows quickly --- clearly visible, having hundred streams protector of the Heaven. Pale green-yellow settles among seats of Mitra; becoming by means of woolen [threads⁸], by means of [water] streams free from impurities, [he is] impregnating. ------
13. This one¹¹, having a purpose, impelled like an eagle [by rising air streams], being purified, glided into the woolen [filter] together with the wave [of Sindʰu]. Through thy¹² skill, O gifted with insight, shining between the two Rodas-es Soma becomes pure with an aid of a dʰī, O Indra, for thee!
45. Moving before [the daylight], the king, being in water, is energetic; measuring out the days, [he is] cast into places of existence. Enchanting, dripping with ghee, keen-sighted, [he is] restless. He, whose chariot is the light, becomes pure for the sake of the treasure --- he who is to become a refuge.
1. Emitting simultaneously sisters¹ caused [Soma] to becomes free from impurities; ten dʰīti-s of him who has [correct] schemas [caused] speeding [streams] [to becomes free from impurities]. The enchanting one outran offsprings of the sun. He who, like a steed, is possessing the rush of vigour, arrived to the vessel of wood.
3. When the poet, being an agent of change, brings poems like a chariot towards all places of existence, towards places of existence, [then,] seeking to gain among deva-s glory for the mortal, for the sake of the mental power that the treasure gives, [he brings] among appearing often [verses] a fresh one.
2. Through [worshiper's] acts of reverence, that are incessantly urging on the horses, they², enchanting, together make free from impurities the pale green-yellow [horse³] of this one⁴. He, Indra's companion, stands on a chariot. He who knows [this] attains through him an effective mental gesture. ------
8. Such thou --- exhilarating in battles, conquering yet not conquered, having thousandfold seed --- bring by flowing the rush of vigour! Becoming pure for Indra, O Indu, possessing a [correct] conception, cause the wave to arise from the stalk⁶, [thus] causing evocative expressions⁷ to pour out. ------
15. This one, Soma, purifying self with mental gestures, possessing, like a courser, the rush of vigour, passes over holding back [the refreshing draught] [inner conflicts¹⁰], like drawn out from Aditi milk that facilitates searching, like wide space, an egress, like an easy to control draught horse.
38. he³⁰, purifying self, is like someone who holds [things] under the sunlight; thou³¹ filled both Rodas-es he revealed; [it is thou,] whose favorite [abodes³²] giving off [deva-s'] favorite [drink Soma drops flow to] with the aid [of mental gestures] so that he would offer [to me] as an actor [in this ritual] the prize.
54. Two vital energies of this one, whose nature is ``impregnating'', [flow] mightily into Mām̐ścatva [channel⁴¹] or into Pṛśana [channel], or into Vadʰatra [channel]. It⁴² lulled to rest unfriendly [impulses to suppress⁴³] and shall cause them to be pliant. Drive away from here not supporting or protecting, confusing [ones]!
1. Thus, together with the golden radiance [of the sun], he, self-purifying, carries [us] over all aversions with self-provided [weapons¹] --- like the [morning] sun [is] with self-provided [rays²]. With the stream of pressed out [juice] he shines --- self-purifying tempered pale green-yellow [Soma] --- when he assumes successively all [his] forms with the help of those who recite verses --- with the help of those seven-mouthed who recite verses.
2. Thou shall find the treasure of niggards. Together with mothers thou cause [it] to become free from impurities in [thy] own house of ṛta, using dʰīti-s in [thy] own house. As if from far away is this sāman³ during which [our] dʰīti-s gratify [us]. With consisting of three components, tempered [streams] he imparted mental and bodily vigour, shining, he imparted mental and bodily vigour.
3. He⁴ moves along the eastern region. Attracting attention [his] conspicuous chariot vies with rays [of the sun], a divine conspicuous chariot. Recited verses, manly powers came; they shall cause Indra to be impatient for superiority [in battle], so that [you both Indra] and the thunderbolt would never budge in battles, would never budge.