1. Our praise is attached to Indra as an arrow to the bow; the Soma-juice is let loose to Indra the fosterer as a calf to the udder of its mother; Indra sheds blessings as a cow having a copious stream of milk yields it when coming into the presence of the calf; in Indra's sacrifices the Soma is stimulated.
6. He repeatedly beholding his parents heaven and earth proceeds with a loud noise, like cows looking at their calves and lowing, and with a roar like the troop of Maruts; knowing that water to be the best which is good for all men, the intelligent Pavamana chose man to be the offerer of his praise.
3. Expressed with the stones by the hands the Soma flows: he moves like a bull; worshipped with praise he wanders through the firmament; he rejoices, he is embraced; praised with a hymn he fulfills the desire of the worshippers, he is cleansed in the waters, he is honoured at the god- protected sacrifice.
3. There is abundant food well-prepared made of Soma and sweet for Indra who comes to the sacrifice; the way to earth is broad: for Indra who is the lord of the rain that falls here, the possessor of cattle, the showerer of water, the leader of the sacrifice, whose road is hither, who is deserving of praise.
3. When the sage Soma goes round the praises of the wise like a hostile chariot going round all the regions of the battle-field, then desirous of bestowing upon mortals the wealth that abides with the gods, he is to be glorified in the many places of sacrifice for the preservation of the riches he has given.
1. With this bright green-tinted stream Soma, being filtered overcomes all enemies with the juices yoked to it, as the sun overcomes the darkness with the rays yoked to it; the stream of the effused Soma shines, the filtered green-tinted Soma is resplendent, which pervades all constellations, with the Rikvans, with the seven-mouthed Rikvans.
2. Thou didst discover the wealth of the Panis, and art washed in thine own house at the sacrifice by the mothers, a the supporters of the sacrifice; as the hymn is heard from afar, so it is heard by all, the hymn in which the supporters of the rite rejoice; the shining Soma with its brilliant waters, the supporters of the three worlds, gives food, gives food to the worshippers.